Sunday, March 31, 2013

My Writing On My Writing

Dear Dysfunctional,
Frustration is a horrible thing. Unfortunately, that's what I'm feeling about now, because I just deleted my whole blog post I had just completed, wrung with pain and anguish from my spirit. I'm just saying that with every blog post, my soul becomes a little less resplendent with the creativity and life that I radiate. So please, enjoy this blog; it is filled with small indistinguishable parts of my spirit. This is the burden that writers must take upon themselves; in order to entertain the masses, they must sacrifice themselves at the altar of mindless creativity, though it may be an oxymoron. You see, to write this, I had to divorce my mind from everything happening around me. People and objects that I perceive through my peripheral vision become meaningless flitting ensembles of light, the music in my ears a meaningless collection of vibrations. I relinquish my being to my writing, so that it may be sponged up by my readers, and i can only hope that somebody will appreciate my poor efforts. Oh, and before I forget, that picture of the ham is there because... Hmm... Well, I don't actually know. Sue me.
Signing out,
Frank Hilard

PS song of the day is The Safety Dance, by Men Without Hats













No comments:

Post a Comment