Tuesday, May 28, 2013

I Blog In Chains

Dear Dysfunctional,

as the day passes before me, marked by very little activity and even less worth mentioning, I find

myself at the end of the day with my gaze fixed on a screen, attempting yet again to pour forth with

fervor those words which so often lack the desired lucidity. Blogging is no longer something I do

purely for enjoyment; those days are behind me, though I often enjoy the works I create. No, I have

been enslaved; enslaved yet again to what began as a simple innocent pasttime. Each day that passes

without a post leaves etched in my mind a tinge of guilt for not sating my craving for expression.

Perhaps I should instead limit myself to trimming bonsai trees and carving incredibly ornate ivory tusks

for a pastime; that seems like a much more tame and more relaxing hobby. Writing, however, is never

entirely a feat which is effortless and enjoyable. Naturally, there are times when it is enjoyable and

entertaining, but if you can regularly write on either many different subjects, or write at great length on

the same subject, then kudos to you. I'm sorry, my writing is obviously not nearly that prolific. So when

I feel obligated to write posts on random topics in relatively short succession, the strain becomes

evident. I lose all my hair, my teeth fall out, and I develop other symptoms, which my doctor incorrectly

credits to scurvy. And so here I am, confessing my opinions to you, dear reader. But remember always

that I do so not because I want to, but because I must; for you see, I blog in chains.

Don't forget to write!

Milton Hanes


Song of the day is... Burnin' For You, by Blue Oyster Cult I know, you don't like this type of music,

but hey, its what I listen to, and this blog is all about me, me, and me

No comments:

Post a Comment