Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Blog Post, Or Therapy Journal?

Dear Dysfunctional,
For once, yes, yes I have broken with tradition by omitting the customary "dear dysfunctional" on my last post.... Consider my way of being a rebel. Don't worry, I'm being sarcastic; I really express my rebellion by tearing the wrong side of the ketchup packet. Moving forward, Blogging is a very popular pastime, with millions of blogs out there, and millions more reading them. Why are they so popular? It's not like the vast majority of blogs will make an impact, or develop a large following; in fact, most blogs that I've seen tend to be pretty mundane compositions. Most of them are just a bunch of middle aged women who blog pictures of their children, as well as their vacation plans, new drapes, and, if you're lucky, a poorly written narrative about how they set something in the kitchen on fire. I mean, do people really expect that somebody other than their best friends will be interested at all? Or, which is perhaps a better question, why do they broadcast every minute detail about their personal lives? Are people really looking for attention? Or is it some type of way to ventilate their cluttered emotions? In the days before blogs, people with phsycological problems used to wander aimlessly, uttering verbose soliloquies to the hard, cold stars, or weaving long self pitying eulogies before they flung themselves off a cliff. However, this isnt necessary nearly as much, ever since the birth of the blog. Now, people vent their emotions that they would otherwise keep (perhaps for the best) pent up. The result of these outpourings often result in thinly veiled documentations of their physiological comings and goings, where any therapist worth his salt can easily identify three to four mental disorders, starting with schizophrenia. With that said, maybe I should stop before somebody diagnoses me with Aspergers....
Tune in next week!
Simon Dyotevski

PS song of the say is Fell In Love With A Girl, by White Stripes



 

3 comments:

  1. True, very true. When I first express my want to blog, someone did question me about what I was going to write and I said "my every life" and he said that who would want to read that other than myself and my mom. Lol it's true to a certain extent. I am pretty new in the scene here and it is boring to blog and not having readers of comments/feedbacks from others but then after I changed an angle of looking at it, things gets better. Instead of writing and catering for others, I wrote and cater for myself. It serves as an online diary where I kept all of my precious photos with my parents when I go travelling because all 3 of us live apart from one another lol, so I thought if I put it online it would be easier for them to access it. And I do agree with you about many blogs being very attention seeking or some with very 'mundane composition' but there are a few really good ones which just made me laugh, and those are the few that inspires me to be like them one day. It's just a hobby, it's free, it's there, so I might as well utilize it. If I could make a few people laugh in a day, I would be glad already. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment... i know what you mean, and i enjoy reading some of my friends blogs that are just like what you do. However, accepting that wouldn't make an interesting biased rant, now would it? ;) Just playing the role of an opinionated internet troll over here; and btw, i checked your blog, and i like your stuff, so keep the good work up!

      Delete
    2. Hahaha true. >D We need more opinionated internet troll to boggle up our minds more >D Thanks for liking my stuff o.o Now THAT is surprising! >D La La La

      Delete