Thursday, May 2, 2013

Of My Newfound Freedom

Dear Dysfunctional,
Schools out!! At long last, the freedom from restraint and responsibility that summer entails is finally in my grasp. In addition to this pleasant realization, I can also emerge from my hiatus and continue with my observations on the world and its thousands of pathetic or amazing facets. Well, don't lament too much over the world flaws; a real gemstone is distinct from a synthetic one in one aspect: it's flaws. A utopia is not possible, and ironically, the more we are able to accept that, the more time and effort we can devote to making the world a better place. Regardless of the current state of world affairs, school is still out anyway, so that's a plus. And it is quite fitting that the last day of our school year should be (what I now consider) a sweltering eighty degrees. If there is one thing I'm certain of, it's that I will never understand what has happened to make Michigan so bipolar in its climate patterns. Maybe it had an abusive father. Well, I'm done; you have my consent to return to the mediocrity of your normal lives.
Ciao!
Chris Solbeski






No comments:

Post a Comment