Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Coffee And Optimism

Dear Dysfunctional,
Perhaps you can understand my frustration. I am in a coffee shop, with time to burn, but I do not have my wallet. Instead, my only option is to inhale the scent of roasted coffee beans and imagine a double shot in my fist, instead of a cell phone which is subject to my rants and responds only in echoes. Oh the woes I must endure... I am, however, a firm believer in mind over matter. Well, to a certain extent, anyway. I may not be able to alter my circumstances by my attitude, but to accept misfortune and hardship (for oh, the misfortune of coffee tantalization is unrivaled), and instead of being weighed down by position, to bear it with a smile and dignity. If only everybody shared my obvious abundance of eternal optimism! Ah! for a happy and content world. Sarcasm aside, no matter how desperate and despairing the situation, there is still some beauty in the world for those who have some vision. Well, I still want coffee.
Cheers!
Hans Hopkins

No comments:

Post a Comment